Season Three of Star Trek: The Next Generation took televised science fiction storytelling to new heights. Now, on high definition Blu-ray, the seminal season of this beloved series is more spectacular and compelling to watch than ever. Experience such thought provoking episodes as "The Survivors," "Sins of the Father," "The Offspring" and one of the great cliffhangers in television history; Part One of "The Best of Both Worlds"...like never before in glorious 1080p with 7.1 sound.
Following the success of the first two seasons on high-def format, CBS/Paramount have today announced that Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 3
is coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 30th
. Bonus Material for this 6-disc BD set includes:
- Promo Trailers for all 26 episodes (SD)
- Audio Commentary on selected episodes with participants such as Rene Echevarria, Jonathan Frakes, Ron Moore, Ira Steven Behr and David Carson
- Archival Mission Log: Selected Crew Analysis Year Three (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Mission Overview Year Three (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Departmental Briefing Year Three: Production (SD)
- Archival Mission: Departmental Briefing Year Three: Memorable Missions (SD)
- Star Trek The Next Generation: Inside The Writer's Room (HD)
- Resistance is Futile: Assimilating The Next Generation (HD)
- A Tribute to Michael Piller (HD)
- Bloopers: Gag Reel (HD)
Package art can been seen at the bottom. Cost is $129.99 SRP, but you can pre-order this set
right away from Amazon.com, at a discount.
For folks who are more casual fans of the show, or even for intense fans who want to watch the two-part cliffhanger story without interrupting for a disc change, CBS/Paramount is also releasing on that day - April 30th
a Blu-ray Disc version of Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Best of Both Worlds
. Putting the third season finale with the fourth season premiere makes resistance futile for fans of this beloved installment of the series. Package art for this title isn't available yet (as we said above, Season 3
artwork is found below), but here's a studio description of their Best of Both Worlds
The powerful cliffhanger: The Best of Both Worlds Part 1 and 2 has been fully restored in brilliant 1080p HD, and seamlessly edited together into one feature-length presentation...and the crew of the Enterprise is asked: How do you stop an unstoppable foe? The Enterprise team discovers the devastated remains of a Federation colony, as an ambitious young officer joins the crew to confirm the presence of the deadly Borg. Soon after, Borg drones abduct Captain Picard, mutilating him horribly as they assimilate him into their collective. Commander Riker must take over as Enterprise captain, as Starfleet braces for an all-out battle to defend Earth. But the Borg's power proves overwhelming, and resistance is futile. Will Riker be forced to destroy his former captain to save Earth...and the Federation?