FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEFROM BBC HOME ENTERTAINMENT
FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON
OF CRITICALLY-ACCLAIMED SERIES
AVAILABLE IN THE U.S.
ON BLU-RAY AND DVD
SEPTEMBER 12, 2017
New York; June 14, 2017 - BBC Home Entertainment announces the release of Orphan Black: Season Five
on Blu-ray and DVD, available in the U.S. on September 12, 2017. In the final season of this critically acclaimed drama, starring Emmy-award winning actress Tatiana Maslany, fans follow the last showdown between Sarah (Maslany) and Rachel (Maslany)...the clone who's sought to destroy her and her sestras from day one.
Cosima and Alison (both played by Maslany) and their allies have been brought to heel. Even more harrowing is that Sarah's daughter Kira (Skyler Wexler) has joined them in surrender. Rachel, sitting at the head of the Neolution table, has carte blanche access to their clone biology, and with Helena (Maslany) pregnant with twins, her biology is the most coveted of all. Sarah, and those still able to fight, will uncover the missing pieces of the insidious conspiracy - and finally free themselves from the tyranny that has taken over their lives. Despite the great risk, the fight of her life will either set her and her sestras free, or see them meet their end.
The fifth season of the clone drama that The Hollywood Reporter
praised as "thoroughly impressive, wildly entertaining," includes bonus features:
Orphan Black: Season Five
- Island of Lost Souls, a detailed look at the Revival Village set and P.T. Westmoreland's Cabinet of Curiosities.
- The Epic Clone Shot, a behind-the-scenes view of Orphan Black's trickiest visual effects ever: the one-take clone switcheroo.
- Clone-Centric, a deep dive with the cast and creators of Orphan Black as they recollect Season Five's unique clone-specific episodes, each spotlighting a different fan-favorite character.
- The Beginning of the End, where fans can watch the cast and crew recount the pivotal moment in Season Five that made them realize that the show was truly ending.
- Out of the Black, a reflection on the series from the cast and crew as they work together to film two challenging final clone scenes.
also contains a special inside look into each episode, which will be available on BBC Worldwide North America's digital partners (EST partners) the same day as each episode hits the season playlist, in addition to the Blu-ray and DVD.
The final season of Orphan Black
airs on BBC AMERICA Saturdays at 10/9c. Orphan Black
is produced by Temple Street Productions, a division of Boat Rocker Studios, in association with BBC AMERICA and Bell Media's SPACE. The series is executive produced by Ivan Schneeberg and David Fortier, Graeme Manson, John Fawcett and Kerry Appleyard. The series is co-created by Manson and Fawcett, with Manson also serving as writer and Fawcett as director. BBC Worldwide distributes the series internationally.
Orphan Black: Season Five
Street Date: September 12, 2017
Suggested Retail Price: DVD $29.98/BD $34.98
Length: Approx. 450 mins + bonus content
3-disc set (DVD)/2-disc set (BD)